Losing Weight By Swimming
No worries, losing weight by swimming is actually quite cheap! All it will cost you is a swimsuit and registration at the pool.
1. Take your time
This program will help you lose weight on a long term basis. It will mainly be targeting the sport habits you should have in order to feel healthy on a long term basis.
It’s all about finding the right balance so you can keep pushing yourself and stay motivated.
If you are following the advice listed in this article, you should see the results within 3 weeks!
2. Eating healthy
Do not try to restrict yourself as you’ll lose motivation and won’t be able to reach your targets.
The only thing you should avoid is all the in-between meals eating sessions as you are taking bad habits that are then really difficult to stop.
As you have probably understood, it’s all about finding the right balance. Try not to ruin all your efforts because of a bad diet.
3. Why swimming is good to stay in shape?
Furthermore, swimming is also a full body exercise: from legs to arms, every single part of your body is active. As you are in the water, swimming is also a really smooth exercise with low risk of injury.
Finally, swimming has to be something you enjoy doing as you won’t be able to sustain your efforts if you are not motivated by the sport you choose.
4. The program!
This program is based on the regularity of your training and the variety of strokes and not on the distance you are able to swim. Used to swim twice a week for 1 hour? You should consider shortening your sessions as well as training more often.
I know that it can change your habits but it’s definitely something you should consider in order to lose weight in a more sustainable way.
Try to reach 45 minutes sessions four times a week!
At the beginning it can seem like a lot but it’s definitely the best way to quickly improve your swimming technique and lose weight effectively. So, you’re probably asking yourself: what should I do?
SESSION 1: Cardio
- Start with 10 minutes of breaststroke as a warm up
- Then, 20 minutes of front crawl, do not hesitate to rest but remember to stop your timer
- End with 15 mn of fractionated (50m intense, 50m cool down). Choose the stroke that suits you best!
SESSION 2: Full body training with fins
- Start by swimming 10 mn in the stroke of your choice
- Then slip on your fins, grab a board and swim for 25mn. Keep the board in front of you, keep your head down and look at the bottom of the pool. Alternate front and back strokes.
- End with 10mn of ripples (keep your fins and board). Alternate front and back strokes.
SESSION 3: Refine your silhouette
- Start by swimming 10mn in the stroke of your choice
- Then practice your backstroke for 20mn. Once again do not hesitate to have a break but don’t forget to stop your timer.
- Finish by 15mn of breaststroke to work on your aerodynamic and consequently on your abs.
SESSION 4: The bonus session
Check out our Swimming collection below!
About our author:
Swimming is the perfect sport as it helps me to cool down after a warm day ;)