REVIEW - RULES OF PUBLICATION
The right to submit a Review is restricted to Users of the products or services (hereinafter “Product(s) or Service(s)”) proposed by any company of DECATHLON GROUP on DECATHLON GROUP’s websites (such as but not limited to https://www.decathlon.sg) and stores.
BY SUBMITTING A REVIEW, USERS OF DECATHLON REVIEW SERVICE AGREE TO ABIDE BY THESE RULES OF PUBLICATION AND CONDITIONS AND DECLARE THAT THEY ACCEPT THEM IN FULL.
The Decathlon Review Service enables Users to share their assessment of the Products and Services proposed by any company of DECATHLON GROUP.
Their Review is intended to help other Users and end consumers in making their choice of Products or Services of DECATHLON GROUP. Those latter can access to such comments or Reviews from the above mentioned websites as soon as they consult the web page offering a Product or Service to which the comment refers. The Review can also be displayed on other supports such as screens in the Decathlon stores.
Users can submit a Review in several ways:
- directly onto the web page of the Product, Service, brand or store concerned;
- following an e-mail request received from a Decathlon Group website;
- from its loyalty space;
- from an in-store terminal, tablet, etc.
To ensure that Decathlon Review Service is as useful and functional as possible, Users who would like to submit a Review must provide an overall rating of the Product or Service to which the Review refers. Users can also:
- state their gender and age category;
- state for approximately how long the Product or Service has been used.
To submit a Review, the User shall complete certain compulsory fields, including contact details (in particular their email address). The User’s contacts details cannot be viewed or accessed by other Users, but allow communication with them. Users must agree to provide true and accurate contact details to ensure that the Decathlon Review Service functions smoothly.
In the light of certain legal provisions, DECATHLON SINGAPORE may be bound by an obligation to collect and store the identity data of Users who have contributed to the creation of on-line content, internet Review. By using the Decathlon Review Service, Users must therefore agree to transmit complete and accurate data regarding their identity and to refrain from stealing the identity of any third party or unspecified entity.
If the User is a member of the DECATHLON GROUP staff using his/her professional email address to submit a Review, he/she is invited to provide his/her job title as well as his/her place of work. The User remains fully responsible for the content submitted. The Review of DECATHLON GROUP stall follows the same rules for publication and validation than any other Review. But, in order to be transparent, the Review emanating from members of staff, are displayed in a specific zone on the website.
By using the Decathlon Service Review and in order to guarantee its quality, the User undertakes to follow certain rules:
- Your comment must be relevant, made in good faith and you are asked to think how useful your Review will be for other Users wishing to buy the Product or Service concerned.
- Your comment should not be limited to merely stating whether or not you like the Product or Service but it should explain the qualities or defects of the Product or Service in question (technical, ergonomic, aesthetic qualities, how staff dealt with you, how long you had to wait to be served, etc.). You can also share your own experience and ideas for making improvements.
- Your comment shall only text with your own personal Review. The User is not allowed to copy or repeat any comments written by a third party.
In order to guarantee the quality of the Decathlon Review Service, Users of the Decathlon Review Service must agree to write a comment on a Product or Service that they themselves have actually tested or used.
A Review will not be validated, and will therefore not be published and may be deleted for any of the following reasons (this list is not exhaustive):
- the Product or Service concerned has not been used by the person who submitted the Review;
- the Review submitted does not relate to the Product or Service covered by the Review;
- the Review is a question from the User without any description of experience gained with the Product or Service;
- the Review contains too many spelling mistakes or poor syntax, making it unattractive to read;
- the Review is submitted in a language that differs from the one used in the website or form used;
- the Review contains comments of an advertising and/or marketing nature;
- the Review contains racist, xenophobic, rude, abusive or libellous comments;
- the Review may infringe the intellectual property rights of third parties (such as referring to a brand, trademark);
- the information relating to the User’s identity contains abuse or coarse language;
- the Review makes reference to certain people, including known personalities, or does not guarantee Users’anonymity;
- the Review includes e-mail address, phone number, postal address or any other data allowing an individual person or an organization to be identified, either directly or indirectly;
- the Review includes a bank card number, bank account number, social security number or any other data that could result in identity theft;
- Certain aspects of the Review submitted contain concrete information involving conflicts of interest.
If the Review concerns a Product offered on DECATHLON GROUP websites, the number of Reviews per User is limited to one per product, in order to maximise the usefulness of the Reviews published. If the same User submits several Reviews on the same product, only the latest Review will be taken into account and published, provided that all of these rules of publication are complied with.
If the Review concerns the store activity, the Workshop or a Service offered by a DECATHLON GROUP website, the Users may submit an unlimited number of Reviews relating to such services.
When a Review is submitted, it is not then published immediately. It needs to be validated by a moderator prior to publication as detailed below.
The Users of Decathlon Review Service accept that the comments they submit will be examined by a moderation team. The moderator will check that these Reviews comply with these terms and conditions.
If the comment submitted complies with these Rules of Publication, the User will receive an e-mail (contact details provided by the User) confirming that his/her Review has been validated.
If the comment submitted does not comply with these Rules of Publication, the User will receive an e-mail (contact details provided by the User) informing him that his/her Review cannot be validated in its current form, the reasons for non-publication and a link allowing him/her to reformulate his Review. The reformulated Review submitted by the User will then once again be referred to a moderator.
Once the Review has been validated and an e-mail confirmation sent to the User who submitted it, the Review will be published within 3 working days on all DECATHLON GROUP websites, as well as other supports such as screens in store of DECATHLON GROUP, offering the same Product or Service in the same language. Users acknowledge that for technical reasons, it may take more than 3 working days to publish their Reviews on the above mentioned DECATHLON GROUP websites.
The Users of Decathlon Review Service are informed that the Review published on all DECATHLON GROUP websites and supports such as screens in store, will contain neither their family name, nor their e-mail or postal address.
Reviews relating to a Product or Service whose purchase has been confirmed by DECATHLON SINGAPORE will include the mention “purchase confirmed” once they are published. However, this does not mean that Reviews that do not include this mention have been submitted by Users who have no experience of the Product or Service concerned.
To enable Users to benefit from a pertinent Decathlon Review Service, Users agree that Reviews published will be deleted in any of the following cases (this list is not exhaustive):
- the Review published is more than 12 months old;
- the e-mail address of the person who submitted the Review is not valid;
- the Product or Service is no longer offered by a DECATHLON GROUP website;
- the Product or Service has been modified, such that the Review is no longer relevant to the initial Product or Service.
Lastly, any Decathlon Review Service User is entitled to:
- vote on the usefulness or otherwise of each Review published;
- report abuse or non-compliance with these Rules of Publication.
By posting a Review on the Decathlon Review Service, the User agrees to this Review becoming public and grants to the companies of DECATHLON GROUP and their duly authorised partners the right to use, store, publish, translate, create derivative work, exploit, distribute and display the content of the Review, either in full or in the form of an extract, as part of any protection arrangements that they might enjoy under intellectual property rights, and to use the surname or first name provided with the Review for any purposes, including marketing and advertising purposes, on any media, including the Internet, e-mail (hard copy and/or online), posters, point-of-sale advertising, handouts, publicity, magazines, television, radio and similar media, worldwide, for a 5-year term.
DECATHLON SINGAPORE may also make further suggestions to Users in connection with the Review they have submitted, including inviting them to take part in a test or co-creation platform, to send a new product sample, etc.
Users of the Decathlon Review Service agree that the trademarks of Product or Service are owned by the companies of DECATHLON GROUP, and that such companies have a right of reply once the Review has been published. This reply will be either made public or sent solely to the User who submitted the Review.
Users have the option of evaluating the quality of the reply sent to them.
DECATHLON reserves the right not to publish a Review that is in breach of these Rules of Publication without informing the User thereof. Likewise, DECATHLON reserves the option, at all times and without prior warning, to remove any Review that it deems to be in breach of these Rules of Publication and of any applicable law, regulation or rule in Singapore.
A “Report abuse” tab is available to report any comments or ratings that may be considered inappropriate or in breach of these terms and conditions.
These rules of publication set out the full extent of decathlon singapore’s obligations and liabilities in respect of the decathlon review services.
The reviews published does not represent decathlon group company’s or decathlon singapore ’s views, opinions, advice, values or beliefs.
In consequence and to the maximum permitted under law, under no circumstances whatsoever will any company of decathlon group, decathlon singapore and its partners, officers, directors, employees, agents, subcontractors and suppliers be responsible or liable for (a) errors, mistakes, omissions or inaccuracies of the content written in reviews or any other information or material set out or made available through the website, (b) any unauthorized access to or use of secure servers (whether provided by any company of decathlon group directly or by third parties appointed by decathlon group) and/or any and all personal information stored therein, (c) any property damage of any nature whatsoever resulting from users’access to and use of or reliance on any content, reviews, services or any other information or material set out or made available through the website or any linked third party website(s) and/or (d) any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from decathlon review services provided on the website and or linked third party website(s).
Decathlon singapore shall not be liable to the user for: - any indirect, special or consequential loss or damage; - loss of equipment or property; - incidental or consequential loss or damage; - any liability incurred by the user for loss or damage of any nature whatsoever suffered by third parties (including in each case incidental and punitive damages); or - any loss of actual or anticipated profit, use, opportunities, interest, revenue, anticipated savings, business or damage to goodwill, even if decathlonn singapore is advised in advance of the possibility of such losses or damages.
The use of decathlon review services is at the user’s own discretion and risk and is made available on an “as is” and “as available” basis. Except as may expressly be stated herein, decathlon singapore makes no warranty or representation about the accuracy or completeness of the reviews published by users on the website.
By using the Decathlon Service Review, certain personal data of the User may be collected, stored, used or disclosed in the conditions and for the purposes mentioned in Article 1.
You personal data may be transferred and stored in data centres, on servers or equivalent IT equipment that could be located in other jurisdictions outside Singapore. Furthermore, your Personal Data may be disclosed or transferred to other companies of DECATHLON GROUP located outside Singapore, in jurisdictions speaking the same language in order to share the Reviews.By submitting a Review on Decathlon Review Service, you hereby expressly consent to us transferring your personal data outside Singapore for such purposes.
The Users of Decathlon Review Services are entitled to access or to update the personal data collected, stored by Decathlon for the performance of the review services or to limit their processing and use. Users may as well request to correct any error or omission in their personal data by:
- writing to the following address and sending proof of their identity:
DECATHLON SINGAPORE PTE LTD
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
230, Stadium Boulevard - Singapore 397799
- Or by sending an e-mail to :firstname.lastname@example.org
These Rules of Publication (Decathlon Review Services) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of the Republic of Singapore and the State Courts of Singapore shall have exclusive jurisdiction.