2.1 What is the definition of personal data ?
Personal data refers to data about an individual who can be identified from either that particular data, or from that data and other information which Decathlon has or is likely to have access to. Commonly collected personal data of our customers typically include, amongst other things, names, addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, identification numbers, nationalities, dates of birth and credit card information. Personal data in Singapore is protected under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (the “PDPA”) and its related subsidiary legislations.
2.2 How will Decathlon collect your Personal Data ?
Decathlon will collect your personal data in accordance with the PDPA. We will notify you of the purposes for which your personal data may be collected, used, disclosed and/or processed, as well as obtain your consent for the collection, use, disclosure and/or processing of your personal data for the intended purposes, unless an exception under the law permits us to collect and process your personal data without your consent.
We collect personal data directly from you and without limitation:
- (a) When you communicate with our Decathlon Customer Service or when you exchange directly with our Decathlon teams in stores in relation to our products and/or services;
- (b) When you call our Customer Service (phone number provided on our Website “Contact us”);
- (c) When you set up an Account in our Website or through our applications by registering your details to place an Order via our Website or to subscribe to our Decathlon Membership;
- (d) When you use services, such as Decathlon Review, Workshop, Racket Services, etc...
- (e) When you conduct certain types of transactions such as the application for a refund;
- (f) When you purchase a bicycle in order to allow us to offer you workshop service for the
maintenance of your product, and to contact you in the event of any defective components.
- (g) When you agree to participate to a customer contest, competition, promotion or a sports event
organized by Decathlon, and as well to any survey, interview or product testing;
- (h) When you provide any feedback or complaints with regards to our Products or services to our
Customer Service or directly in stores; or
- (i) When you apply for a job online (on the Website “Careers with Decathlon”) or in store.
Such personal data will be used by us only for the specific purpose for which it was provided by you.
3.1 What will your Personal Data be used for ? What are the purposes of collection ?
Your personal data which we collect with your consent may be used, processed and/or disclosed for various purposes, depending on the circumstances for which we may/will need to process your data, including:
- (a) To communicate with you, provided that Decathlon may monitor or record your calls and store details of the phone number(s) you use to make the calls. This information is used to better address your customer service needs;
- (b) To manage your purchase order and payment online, the subsequent home delivery or self collection, as well as the eventual return of product if it does not fit you;
- (c) To identify you as a Decathlon Member in order you may obtain the benefits of the Decathlon Family Programme (extension of period for any return, sales warranty...)
- (d) To answer to your questions, feedbacks, product reviews, enquiries or complaints in relation to our products and/or services and resolve the case maybe, any issue which may arise in connection with any dealing with us;
- (e) To facilitate your participation in, and our management of, any special event, customer contest, competition, lucky draw, when you register/subscribe for it;
- (f) To send you an invitation to form part of our consumer panel, testing product, interviews or research groups (unless you unsubscribe from receiving marketing material from Decathlon);
- (g) to contact you regarding current or new Products and/or Services offered by Decathlon (unless you unsubscribe from receiving marketing material from Decathlon);
- (h) to inform you of new features, special offers and sales promotions offered by Decathlon (unless you unsubscribe from receiving marketing material from Decathlon) ;
- (i) to contact you by electronic mail (email or SMS) about functionality changes to our Website;
- (j) to conduct market research or surveys, marketing analysis, customer profiling activities, analysis of customer choices, statistical and trend analysis in relation to our products and/or services; and
Decathlon will be entitled to use or disclose your personal data without your prior consent in certain situations, including, without limitation, the following:
- - The personal data is publicly available;
- - The disclosure is required or authorized by the PDPA or by any other applicable laws and/or regulations;
- - The disclosure is necessary for any purpose which is clearly in your interests, if consent for its disclosure cannot be obtained in a timely way or to respond to an emergency that threatens the life, health or safety of yourself or another individual;
- - The disclosure is necessary for any investigation or proceedings, such as to prevent and detect criminal activity, fraud and misuse of or damage to our services or networks and to prosecute those responsible; as well as to protect and defend our intellectual property rights,
- - The disclosure is necessary to comply with a court order or other legal or regulatory requirements in the jurisdictions we operate.
3.2 Who will process your Personal Data?
As a general rule, Decathlon or Decathlon Group may process your personal data itself and will keep them confidential.
Decathlon will not share or disclose your personal data to any individuals or third party operators, except to service providers engaged by Decathlon to perform specific services on behalf of Decathlon and for the purposes mentioned in clause 3.1 above, including the following:
Delivery of products that you have ordered through our Website or postal service;
Hosting your personal information in data centers through storage facility providers;
Statistical and analytical studies through web analytics tool providers, such as Google;
Improving advertising campaigns or promotions, marketing and business efficiencies and prospective sales;
Monitoring the quality of our service or Website, corporate reporting, etc...
Information about the products and services of business partners, but only if you have given us your prior consent to do so.
In such situations, the service providers are authorized to use your personal information only to perform the specific services entrusted by Decathlon. As part of our agreement with them, they are required to take all reasonable measures to ensure and maintain a high level of security of your personal data.
4.1 How will your personal data be protected ?
Decathlon takes every precaution and uses reasonable measures to protect your personal data. Decathlon has the necessary technical and organisational measures in place, to keep you personal data secure, and in particular, to prevent it from being disclosed to unauthorised third parties. For this purpose Decathlon takes all measures necessary to secure its computer systems.
Where personal information is entered on our Website, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. We strive to protect your personal data and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our security protocols to ensure that your personal data is not subject to unnecessary risks.
4.2 Will your Personal Data be transferred outside of Singapore ?
Primarily because we may outsource some of our data processing, your personal data may be transferred outside of Singapore for the purposes mentioned in Clause 3. As a result, Decathlon takes every measure to ensure that this transfer takes place within the relevant legal framework, namely that such third party who is the recipient of the information is subject to a law, binding corporate rules, or binding agreement, which provides an adequate level of protection as required by the PDPA. You hereby expressly consent to the transfer of your personal information outside of Singapore.
5.1 What are your rights ?
Decathlon undertakes to:
- (a) treat your personal data as strictly confidential;
- (b) take appropriate measures to ensure that your personal data is kept secure and is protected against any unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage, alteration, disclosure or access;
- (c) provide you with access to your personal data to view and/or update your personal details, should the need arise;
- (d) promptly notify you if we become aware of any unauthorised use, disclosure or processing of your personal data; and
- (e) upon your written request, return promptly or destroy any and all of your personal data in our possession or control.
The time periods for which we keep your information may vary according to the use or purpose attached to the information. Decathlon will however not retain your personal data longer than the period for which it is originally required for, unless we are required by law to do so, or you consent to us retaining such information for a longer period.
5.2 How to access and/or correct your Personal Data – or to Opt out ?
You have a right to access, update or remove the personal data collected and stored by Decathlon or to limit their processing and use. You may as well request to correct any error or omission in your Personal Data.
If you wish to do so, Decathlon offers you different ways:
- (a) You may contact our Data Protection Officer by:
- - writing to the following address and sending proof of their identity:
DECATHLON SINGAPORE PTE LTD DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
230, Stadium Boulevard - Singapore 397799
- - or by sending an e-mail to : email@example.com
- - writing to the following address and sending proof of their identity:
- (b) You may also access, change and remove your personal details by clicking on “My Account”, “My Profile” on our Website
- (c) You may also decline to receive e-mails by clicking on ‘unsubscribe’ in any marketing e-mail you receive or through our Website by clicking on “ My Account”, “My Interests”, “ My Communication”
If you use an email or a letter to submit your request, we thank you to mention at the subject header that it is a PDPA request in order to allow us to pass your request in a efficient manner to our Data Protection officer.
6.1 What are cookies ?
Analytics firms are able to consult these cookies the next time you visit, to recognise repeat users, facilitate the user’s ongoing access to, and use of, the Website and track usage behaviour so as to make your browsing smoother.
For the sake of transparency, the following paragraphs are intended to give you a complete overview of the cookies used by Decathlon and to offer you a solution to allow you to make the right choice. Please note that sharing the use of your computer with others may change the personalised nature of the way cookies operate.
6.2 What Cookies are used by the Website ?
The Website integrates the use of the following cookies:
- cookies to record the language preferences of the User or other preferences necessary to provide the service requested, and
- flash cookies containing elements strictly necessary for a User’s media player (audio or video) to function optimally, corresponding to content requested by the User.
6.4 How can you exercise your options concerning cookies ?
You may also choose to deactivate or delete similar cookies used by your browser’s accessory software, such as Flash cookies, by changing the parameters of the software in question, or by visiting the website of the software’s publisher.
Your choice depending on your browser:
For Internet ExplorerTM: Open the Tools menu, then select Internet Options; click on the Confidentiality tab, then on the Advanced tab, and choose the desired level, or follow this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
For ChromeTM: open the Settings menu (spanner logo), then select Options; click on Advanced Options, then in the Privacy section click on Content Settings and choose the desired options, or follow this link: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en&hlrm=en
For SafariTM: choose Safari > Preferences then click on Security; in the Accept Cookies section choose the desired options or follow this link: https://support.apple.com/?path=Safari/3.0/fr/9277.html
This Website uses plug-ins from the social network Facebook, operated by Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA. If you access a page on our Website that contains a plug-in, your browser will establish a direct link to Facebook’s servers. The plug-in content will then be sent directly to your browser by Facebook and included on the relevant web page. Facebook will be notified that your browser has accessed the corresponding page of our Website, even if you do not have a Facebook account or if you are not logged on to your Facebook account. You IP address will be sent directly by your browser to a Facebook server in the USA and registered on that server.
If you are logged on to Facebook when you browse our Website, Facebook may directly link your visit to our Website, to your Facebook account. If, for example, you click on ‘Like’ or leave a comment on Facebook in relation to our Website while using a plug-in, the corresponding information will be transmitted to and registered on a Facebook server and published on your Facebook account. Facebook may use such information for advertising and market research purposes, and may adapt its pages accordingly. Facebook may therefore create user profiles including information about users’ interests and relationships, to determine how users react after having seen an advertisement on Facebook, inform other Facebook users about the activity of our Website and offer other services linked to Facebook.
If you do not wish Facebook to link information collected via our website to your Facebook account, you should log out of Facebook before visiting our Website.