200 Kids' Beginner Judo Uniform
kids learning judo. The loose fit makes it perfect for training and competitions.
This uniform is supple yet resistant so that young judokas can learn the basics of judo under the best conditions. Reinforced in the main areas subject to stress. White belt supplied.
- The 200 judo uniform is made in a cotton/polyester blend fabric that withstands repeated washing and won't shrink as much as 100% cotton models. Judo uniforms are reinforced at the neck (for gripping) and knees (for floor combat).
- Judo is a combat sport that uses grappling techniques. The young judoka has to grab their opponent's uniform when attempting to throw them to the ground, and possibly immobilize them. This is why the uniform must be particularly tear resistant, with reinforced sections in areas of strain or friction.
- - A child who is new to judo or has been doing judo for one to two years should choose a polycotton uniform in twill fabric (190 g/sqm) that is both flexible and durable. - A judoka who has been doing judo for two years (yellow or orange belt) or who is starting competitions should choose a rice-grain weave uniform which is particularly tear resistant and designed to withstand gripping. Its polyester/cotton composition (350 g/sqm) results in good post-shrinkage fit and dries quickly.
- The size of the uniform you choose will depend on your child's height (from 100 cm to 150 cm). We recommend choosing a uniform which is 5 cm to 10 cm bigger than your child. For example, if your child is 133 cm, chose a 140 cm uniform.
- The uniform should be left out to air after each use. Regular washing will help keep your uniform white. Use cold water for the first few washes. After that, wash at no more warmer 30°C. Air dry. Do not tumble dry.
- Judo is a very physical sport: in just one session, kids will really wear themselves out. An all-round sport: as the aim is to control your opponent's body, children will use and develop all of their muscles. This sport is also a form of psychological training. It relaxes the body and mind. The word "judo" even means "gentle way".