surfing and bodyboarding in warm water, greater than 20°C. Entry level. Session length: up to 1 hour.
Surfing shorty at the price of a swimsuit, to make surfing and bodyboarding possible in warm water.
- 1 Hour
- WARM WATER
- The first selection criterion when choosing a surfing wetsuit is the water temperature. Water temperature varies according to the location and the time of the year. Systematically make sure that the water temperature at your spot corresponds to the recommended temperature range: Warm water above 20°C. Temperate water between 17 and 22°C. Cold water between 12 and 17°C. Very cold water between 7 and 12°C. Visit the site seatemperature.org to find out the temperature of your spot.
- The 2nd criterion to take into account is the length of your sessions. If your sessions last less than an hour, the 100 models will be suitable. For up to 2 hours, opt for the 500 models and for up to 3 hours, the 900 models. Compared to the 100 models, the 500 models will be warmer (and more watertight) and more efficient at reducing fatigue (more freedom of movement) and irritation. The same is true for the 900 models compared with the 500 models. NB: the 900 models are easier to put on.
- To make the most of the features of your wetsuit, it is necessary to choose the correct size. A surfing wetsuit should be a very tight fit and there should be no visible folds. When dry, it is perfectly normal to feel like it is too tight, this discomfort disappears as soon as the wetsuit gets wet. If you choose a wetsuit that is too big, folds will appear, you will experience irritation and thermal insulation will be reduced (letting in water). Try it on before you buy it!
- This OLAIAN 100 shorty is made of neoprene to guarantee greater thermal insulation. The neoprene is lined with polyester fabric for added resistance to wear. Neoprene thickness: 1.5 mm. Neoprene is a closed-cell polychloroprene elastomeric foam with trapped nitrogen bubbles that have insulating properties. We test and guarantee the thermal quality of our neoprene materials.
- The neck finish has been developed to limit irritation. According to the sensitivity of the wearer, a UV top can be worn under the wetsuit to reduce the risk of irritation. The application of grease (e.g. Vaseline) in friction areas (neck, underarms) is also recommended if wearing the wetsuit for long periods. Make sure the flap is always inside the wetsuit to limit the risk of irritation with the zip and the neck.
- Our zips and fastenings are laboratory tested in order to ensure an optimal lifespan and good resistance to salt water. We have put the zip at the back of the wetsuit for more comfort during surf sports (when lying down to paddle).
- We are required by law to put a short cord on the zips of junior products to prevent the risk of strangulation for the youngest users. From size 10 years, the cords are longer and allow handling independently.A small rip-tab prevents accidental opening of the zip during use.
- We designed this product with seamless panels under the arms to limit irritation due to the repetitive paddling movements associated with surf sports.
- When we are in the water, we lose more than half of our body heat through our extremities (feet, hands, head). Consequently, here are the recommended accessories: - in warm water and temperate water (>17°C) => neoprene low booties. - in cold water (12 - 17°C): High booties (boots) and gloves. - in very cold water (7 - 12°C): High booties (boots), gloves, hood and hooded top... Find our entire range of neoprene accessories at decathlon.fr
- Our wetsuits are designed to meet the needs of the most demanding surfers. Our design choices also make them compatible with other water sports such as kitesurfing, windsurfing, wakeboarding, water skiing, sea wading or SUP (stand up paddle boarding).
- TRIBORD surfing products are becoming OLAIAN, the new Decathlon brand dedicated to surfing, bodyboarding & skimboarding. Gradually, the branding of all our surfing products will be replaced. This means that your product may display a different logo to that displayed on the product's image.