500 Men’s Anti-UV Surfing Leggings - Navy Blue
sun protection when surfing and bodyboarding. Intermediate level. Water over 22°C. Anti-irritation for sessions up to 2 hours.
Men’s UV-resistant Leggings for protection from the sun, even in the water, and to limit irritation when in contact with the board.
- 2 Hours
- WARM WATER
- The fabric of this OLAIAN UV-resistant product blocks at least 98% of UVB radiation and 95% of UVA (UPF 50+). This guarantees effective protection from the sun. It can be used both in and out of the water, for water or nautical sports. The density of the textile fibres filters out UV rays, for long-lasting protection, even after washing. Caution: the elastane contained in the fibre may deteriorate in chlorinated water.
- UPF is a sun protection factor (Ultra Violet Protection Factor) and is standardised worldwide. It defines the protection level of a fabric and more precisely the proportion of UV rays it lets through. To meet the standards, it must block at least 95% of UV rays. UPF 50+ means that the fabric blocks at least 95% of UVB and 98% of UVA rays.
- These leggings help reduce rubbing against the board, especially around the knees when lying down on the board and inside the thighs when sitting on the board. We have confirmed that irritation was indeed limited during two-hour sessions.
- The body-shaping waistband helps the leggings stay in place even when you fall off the board in the waves. The cord located at the front of the waistband is designed to be attached to a UV protection T-shirt and prevent it from riding up. We recommend wearing a 500 UV protection T-shirt (available in short sleeve and long sleeve versions and with a hood) in addition to these leggings in order to be well protected.
- The minimum water temperature recommended for the use of these UV-protection leggings is 22°C. Air temperature may increase or decrease this recommendation. Our thermal models (over 2 hours) are made of fleece and neoprene. The presence of wind can have an impact which can be uncomfortable as soon as the wind exceeds 15 km/h: In this case, choose a model with neoprene.
- Our UV protection leggings are designed to meet the needs of the most demanding surfers. Our design choices also make them compatible with other water sports such as swimming, kitesurfing, windsurfing, wakeboarding, water skiing, sea wading or SUP (stand up paddle boarding).
- Although these leggings protect you from the sun, phenomena such as reflections (from water, sand, etc.), heat, time of day, etc. must be taken into account. Wearing these leggings does not exempt the wearer from following the relevant advice: wear a UV protection T-shirt, wear sunglasses, wear a hat or cap, regularly apply an appropriate sun cream, drink regularly, etc.
- OLAIAN, DECATHLON'S SURFING BRAND Based in Hendaye, in South West France, OLAIAN is Decathlon's surfing and bodyboarding brand. In our offices at the water's edge, we can design a product made for surfing and then on the same day test it directly in real practice conditions
- The environmental impact of the product is calculated over its entire life cycle and with different indicators. An overall score (ABCDE) is attributed to help you easily identify the products with the best environmental performance by comparing products of the same type with one another (T-shirts, trousers, backpacks, etc.). Decathlon chose to apply this voluntary environmental labelling scheme. For more information, visit: http://sustainability.decathlon.com/