The rubber sole offers increased resistance and grip on off-road trails, while the light weight foam around the ankle and protective stone guard make them really comfortable to wear.
Open-cell rubber sole for off-road trails.
CrossContact sole with 4 mm cleats, made for off-road trails.
Breathable and waterproof membrane keeps your feet dry. 2-hour test.
5mm thick PU sole sockliner. Ankle collar: comfortable foam.
"Mid" upper with lacing on the top of the upper for good support.
Synthetic stone guard at the front of the foot to protect you from stones.
Ease of use
Mid-height upper to limit amount of small stones & twigs getting into the boot.
495 g per boot for UK shoe size 10 (EU 43).
- Mid-rise shoe
- 2 Hours
- RAINY WEATHER
- WET/MUDDY GROUND
- The sole design is the product of a lengthy research process conducted in our laboratories, which has been combined with a special rubber formulation to optimise grip and traction. Given the variety of different needs, we always seek the best compromise between muddy off-road trails (like a forest path) and mineral trails (like a coastal path).
- Our walking boots are designed for use on off-road trails. Indeed, we choose the components of the sole and upper of our boots and test them to ensure that they are ideally suited to hiking on loose trails (e.g. forest paths made of soil) or rocky trails (e.g. rocky coastal paths). Road use (tarmac) may lead to premature wear on your boots and cause discomfort. They are not suitable for mountain walking.
- Try on both shoes, standing up, with the socks worn for hiking. Try several models, several sizes if necessary. Check two comfort points: the heel seating and the front of the foot on a downward slope. Avoid any pressure points when fitting. Don't hesitate to walk around the store. Break in your boots gradually during their first hikes to adapt them to your foot.
- The footwear equipped with a membrane is laboratory and field tested to ensure optimal waterproofing and breathability. First, the shoe is immersed in water while internal air pressure is applied to check that no bubbles form on the surface of the footwear. Next, shoes are fitted to a mechanical arm that simulates walking and half immersed in water so we can test that the inside remains perfectly dry.
- During the waterproofing test, we test 3 levels of waterproofing: 2000 flexes (around 2 hours of walking), 4000 flexes (around 4 hours of walking) and 8000 flexes (around 8 hours of walking). Naturally, after this test or in use, the boot regains its original waterproofing once dry.
- We recommend spraying your boots several times a year with waterproof spray to restore the original water-repellent properties and prevent stains on the outside of the boot.
- Other laboratory tests are also conducted to validate the following elements: tearing of the eyelets and straps, gluing, toxicology, UV resistance, abrasion of the sole and the components of the upper, accelerated ageing.
- There are multiple factors which may cause blisters when you are walking: rubbing, a crease in the sock, moisture, a boot size that is too small or too big, etc. It is therefore important choose the right size and to have socks made of the right material for your hiking boots.
- You need to choose the correct sock size for your feet to avoid any extra folds forming: These folds may form because the sock is too big ad therefore there is too much material around your foot, or because the sock so small and is pulled towards the inside of your foot.
- Moisture must be effectively managed when hiking: We sweat, it’s bound to happen. If your boot is breathable, it will evacuate the moisture caused by your sweat: This means you need to choose a lightweight, breathable sock If your boots are waterproof, to protect you from moisture created by rain, you won’t make the same choice: choose a sock which will absorb your sweat, and direct it as far as possible away from your foot.
- These boots are waterproof. Although waterproof membranes are themselves breathable, they are not as good at eliminating perspiration as a truly ventilated shoe. We therefore recommend the NH100 mid socks which contain cotton that absorbs moisture and have a plush loop construction under the sock that keeps the moisture away from your foot. This is an excellent combination for reducing blisters.
- Our hiking boots are guaranteed for 2 years. Our commitment? To offer you long-lasting products that you can use on all your country walks. Because the products we like the most are those with a story behind them that is still continuing!
Loading product reviews...
Write the first review