This very flattering woman’s hiking jacket is fitted at the waist. Waterproof rain protection you can take anywhere: thanks to its compact size it fits neatly into its pocket!
- 2 Hours
- MILD WEATHER
- WINDY WEATHER
- RAINY WEATHER
- LIGHT RAIN
- This clothing was validated in a shower test using 60 L/sqm/hr of water for 1 hour. This test reproduces the average conditions of a shower. The fabric of this jacket is water repellent, i.e. it makes water run off its surface without absorbing it. As a result, the fabric does not soak up water and stays light and breathable. A fabric is made water repellent by applying a treatment to its outer surface. What's more, we have taped the main seams, those most exposed to the rain.
- In order to maintain good waterproofing over time, the fabric's water repellent properties must be regularly reactivated. We recommend doing this every three washes or after a dozen uses in the rain. The waterproof property is easily reactivated by warming the fabric: either in your tumble dryer or with a hair dryer, for example, over a relatively short period. If you are washing it, it must be thoroughly rinsed.
- The resistance of a fabric is measured by the height of a water column in mm that can be supported by the fabric (test based on the ISO 811 standard). The higher the pressure, the more waterproof the fabric. A component with a 2000 mm waterproof rating can therefore withstand the pressure of a 2000 mm column of water.
- To find out whether a fabric is breathable, we test its total evaporative resistance (RET) based on the ISO 11092 standard. The lower the fabric's resistance, the more water vapour generated by physical activity can escape, and the higher the fabric's breathability. RET < 9 = extremely breathable fabric 9 < RET < 12 = very breathable fabric 12 < RET < 20 = breathable fabric RET > 20 = little or no breathability
- During sports, the extent to which we perspire depends on the intensity or duration of the physical activity. If the breathability of the fabric is not adapted to your type of physical activity, the perspiration vapour condenses inside the jacket. You feel damp inside: this is condensing perspiration vapour rather than rain getting inside. You therefore need to choose a rain jacket according to your type of physical activity. This jacket is designed for 2-hour hikes at no more than 5km/h.
- On a scale from A to E, this jacket was given a score of B. The environmental impacts of our products are calculated over their entire life cycle. A score is given to each product in order to identify the most eco-friendly products within a particular product family (T-shirts, trousers, backpacks). Decathlon is committed to displaying the environmental information of its products. For more information, go to: https://youtu.be/8t63KkRwn_8
- Our teams work to find innovative processes that reduce water consumption or water pollution during the production process. The dope dye (bulk dying) process saves up to 60% of water and significantly reduces the amount of CO2 emitted. This also reduces colour fading over time. We started using this process on this jacket in 2019 on navy colours while the efforts to master this technique on other colours are still continuing: the implantations are planned during the season
- Raincut over-trousers for protecting the legs as well, thereby providing a very effective complete outfit to protect you from the wind and rain showers. And, first and foremost: from 2019, we are also starting to use this more eco-friendly dyeing process on the over-trousers!
- Our hiking jackets are guaranteed for 2 years. Our commitment? To offer you long-lasting products that you can use on all your nature hikes. Because the products we like the most are those with a story behind them that is still continuing!
Loading product reviews...
Write the first review
Customers who bought this product also bought:
we couldn't find a match for "laptop"
We invite you to make a new search
Or find inspiration from ourt
5000 productS & 60 sports
we will be happy to help you and hear your suggestions