junior allmountain snowboarders (and skiers), snowboarding 1 to 3 weeks per year on all terrain.
In addition to its freestyle look and large fit, the SNB JKT 500 BOY jacket is warm, waterproof and breathable, ideal for children in snowparks.
ALL MOUNTAIN SNOWBOARDING
- COLD WEATHER
- VERY COLD WEATHER
- COOL WEATHER
- LIGHT SNOW
- AVERAGE SNOW
- HEAVY SNOW
- This product is guaranteed for 2 years from the sale date indicated on the receipt. A product covered by the warranty will be repaired or exchanged free of charge. The warranty covers defects in your product excluding those resulting from normal wear or abnormal conditions of use.
- We guarantee our products for 2 years and offer to repair products using local entities should you accidentally damage such products. Contact us on our website to find out more and for the procedure to follow to have your product repaired. We take particular care in choosing all the elements and assemblies that make up our products, to guarantee the best possible durability when snowboarding.
- The product's environmental footprint is calculated for its entire life using various indicators. An ABCDE score is produced to help you easily identify products with the best environmental performance by comparing products of the same type. Decathlon has voluntarily signed up to this approach: Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9nsE6EnTtg All our sustainability work is on http://developpement-durable.decathlon.com/
- For tackling bad weather (rain, snow, wind, etc.), the jacket has been developed with a component and assembly that stops water getting through and reduces wind chill. The waterproof rating is measured by placing the product in a special shower that replicates the real-life conditions encountered by snowboarders in use. Finally, we wore them for several days' snowboarding under all conditions to validate their waterproofness.
- As well as the waterproof material, taped seams are incorporated to strength the waterproofing of the jacket. These are waterproof adhesive strips taped to the inside seams of the garment to make it perfectly watertight. These taped seams are present on the areas most exposed to snow (buttocks, hips).
- The water-repellent treatment of a fabric makes water to run off its surface without seeping in thanks to a treatment applied to its outer surface. The fabric does not become waterlogged, so it stays light and warm. This treatment must be renewed during the product’s lifespan, after 2 to 3 washes on average with the help of the products available in our stores. All our waterproof snowboard jackets have a water-repellent treatment.
- A breathable coating is a coating applied to a fabric in the form of a paste or liquid which creates a protective film. A breathable coating serves as a waterproof barrier that allows water vapour through.
- To keep you warm, we insulate the product using wadding. Wadding is a synthetic component made from polyester which stores more or less air, depending on the length of the fibres. Wadding can be standard, hi-tech or siliconised, each with different properties (warmth, lightweight, supple, etc.).
- In order to keep warm and dry, we recommend using the 3-layer rule. The principle is simple: use 3 layers of fabric, each having a particular function. Your under-garment must insulate and retain warmth. Your hoodie or sweatshirt provides you with warmth whereas the jacket protects you from bad weather. All these layers should be breathable in order to evacuate humidity.
- Our jackets have elasticated snow skirts that can be adjusted at the waist. If you fall or ski in fresh snow, the seal keeps the snow out.
- To optimise your jacket's performance and durability, we advise the following: Machine wash separately at 30°C. Synthetic cycle. Turn inside out. Use a small amount of detergent. No softener. Wring out manually. Dry on a hanger in a warm, well-ventilated place. Do not dry clean. Do not place on a radiator. You can re-watertight the outer fabric using a fabric waterproofing spray. Read the labels carefully.