Waterproof coating (2000 mm rating). Taped seams. Long. High collar. Hood
3 pockets. Can be converted into a shoulder bag: mesh pocket for a phone
Eco-designed: based on colour, dye or fibre to improve our water and CO2 impact
Ventilation zones at the top of the back: the air flow reduces condensation
Hydrophilic coating (RET=12): reduces condensation inside. Mesh lining
Freedom of movement
Pleat at the base of the back for easily stepping over things or sitting down
Fitted waist. Elastic at the wrist. Sleeves with turn-ups. Adjustable hood
Weight: 475g in size M
- 1 Day
- MILD WEATHER
- WINDY WEATHER
- RAINY WEATHER
- MODERATE RAIN
- This clothing was validated in a shower test using 60 L/sqm/hr of water for 1 hour. This test reproduces the average conditions of a shower. The fabric of this jacket is water repellent: this is its capacity to make water run off its surface without absorbing it. As a result, the fabric does not soak up water and stays light and breathable. A fabric is made water repellent by applying a treatment to its outer surface. What's more, we have taped the main seams, those most exposed to the rain.
- In order to maintain good waterproofing, the fabric's water repellent properties must be reactivated: we recommend doing this every 3 washes or after a dozen uses in the rain. After washing, the product must be rinsed thoroughly and then the water repellent property is easily reactivated by warming the fabric: either in your tumble dryer or with a hair dryer, for example, over a relatively short period. You will find all our advice in the instructions of this product data sheet.
- The resistance of a fabric is measured by the height of a water column in mm that can be supported by the fabric (test based on the ISO 811 standard). The higher the pressure, the more waterproof the fabric. A component with a 2000 mm waterproof rating can therefore withstand the pressure of a 2000 mm column of water.
- To find out whether a fabric is breathable, we test its evaporative resistance or RET (based on the ISO 11092 standard). The lower the fabric's resistance, the more water vapour generated by physical activity can escape, hence the higher the fabric's breathability. RET < 9 = extremely breathable fabric 9 < RET < 12 = very breathable fabric 12 < RET < 20 = breathable fabric RET > 20 = little or no breathability
- During sports, the extent to which we perspire depends on the intensity or duration of the physical activity. If the breathability of the fabric is not adapted to your type of physical activity, the perspiration vapour condenses inside the jacket. You feel damp inside: this is condensing perspiration vapour rather than rain getting inside. You therefore need to choose a rain jacket according to your type of physical activity. This jacket is designed for one-hour hikes at no more than 5km/h.
- On a scale from A to E, this jacket was given a score of B. The environmental impacts of our products are calculated over their entire life cycle. A score is given to each product in order to identify the most eco-friendly products within a particular product family (T-shirts, trousers, backpacks). Decathlon is committed to displaying the environmental information of its products. For more information, go to: https://youtu.be/8t63KkRwn_8
- Our teams work to find innovative processes that reduce water consumption or water pollution during the production process. The "dope dye" (bulk dying) process saves up to 60% of water and significantly reduces the amount of CO2 emitted. This also reduces colour fading over time. On this jacket, we began this process on the main navy-coloured fabric and the turquoise-coloured lining (this will continue until we are able to master the technique on other colours).
- We take care of our planet in order to preserve our natural playing field for hiking. Given that, for this jacket, we have only mastered the new dyeing process above for some of the colours, we have opted for a material made entirely of recycled polyester fibres for the other colours (main fabric in turquoise and red and the lining in navy and red). As a result, we have reduced our environmental impact on all the colour versions.
- Raincut over-trousers for protecting the legs as well, thereby providing a very effective complete outfit to protect you from the wind and rain showers. And, first and foremost: we are also starting to use this more eco-friendly dyeing process on the over-trousers!
- Our hiking jackets are guaranteed for 2 years. Our commitment? To offer you long-lasting products that you can use on all your country walks. Because the products we like the most are those with a story behind them that is still continuing!