Developed by our design teams to protect babies' heads and necks from the sun during water-based activities. UV protection even when wet.
UV-resistant hat to protect young children, even in the water. Also protects the neck and ears. For swimming and learning water sports safely. Chin strap.
UPF 50+ fabric. Sun protection even when wet. Blocks at least 95% of UV rays.
Quick-drying synthetic fabric.
Adjustable chin strap with rip-tab. Wind resistant.
- WARM WATER
- This hat features an adjustable chin strap with rip-tab. This helps the hat stay in place in the wind.
- Baby's skin is very sensitive to the sun, because children's defence systems only become effective after the age of 3. For identical exposure, the effects of the sun are two to three times stronger on a child than on an adult. Therefore, it is important to protect them properly.
- The fabric of this TRIBORD UV-resistant product blocks at least 98% of UVB radiation and 95% of UVA (UPF 50+). This guarantees effective protection from the sun. It can be used both in and out of the water, for water or nautical sports.
- UPF is a sun protection factor (Ultra Violet Protection Factor) and is standardised worldwide. It defines the protection level of a fabric and more precisely the proportion of UV rays it lets through. To meet the standards, it must block at least 95 % of UV rays. UPF 50+ means that the textile stops at least 95% of UVA and 98% of UVB.
- Although this hat protects from the sun, phenomena such as reflections (from water, sand ...), heat, time of day, etc. must be taken into account. Wearing this hat does not exempt the wearer from following the relevant advice: wear sunglasses, regularly apply an appropriate sun cream, wear an anti-UV top or shorty, drink regularly, etc.
- TRIBORD surfing products have now become OLAIAN products, the new Decathlon brand dedicated to surfing, bodyboarding and skimboarding. Gradually, the branding of all our surfing products will be replaced. This is why your product may have a different logo to the one in the picture illustrating the product.