900 Men's Long Sleeve Thermal Fleece UV Protection Surfing Top T-Shirt - Black
Men's long-sleeved UV-resistant T-shirt for protection from the sun, even in water, as well as from irritation due to contact with the board. Fleece interior provides extra warmth.
Tight-fitting cut and seamless panels under the arms. 3-hour sessions.
Fleece lining. Better insulation from cold except when wet in windy conditions.
Drawstring and loop at the bottom of the top to help keep it firmly in place.
UPF 50+ fabric. Long-sleeved. Blocks at least 95% of UV rays, even when wet.
The water-repellent treatment limits water absorption and speeds up drying.
- 3 Hours
- ALL LEVELS
- WARM WATER
- All of our UV-resistant T-shirts are UPF 50+, i.e. they have the maximum level of sun protection. The choice between them will therefore be made based on the length of the sleeves and will depend on what it will be used for. The constraints are greatest for surfing so we decided to build our range primarily for surfing. For surfing, the choice will be made according to the duration of your sessions: 1 hour, 2 hours or 3 hours.
- 1 hour: Occasional practice. You can choose between a loose fit (priority to ease of dressing and comfort when dry) or a fitted cut (priority to comfort when wet). A loop system to connect it to the shorts ensures the stability of the product. 2 hours: Regular practice. Comfort when wet is enhanced by the seamless panels under the arms and the drawstring which further increases stability. 3 hours: Intensive practice. Additional warmth to help you stay in the water for longer.
- The minimum water temperature recommended for the use of this UV-protection T-shirt is 22°C if it is worn on its own. Max. duration: 3 hours. This top is made of fleece which insulates from the cold and helps avoid shivering when you enter the water. Please note that the presence of wind will have an impact and can cause discomfort when wet, making you feel colder. In windy conditions it is therefore recommended to choose a top with neoprene. This top can be worn under a wetsuit
- The fabric of this OLAIAN UV-resistant product blocks at least 98% of UVB radiation and 95% of UVA (UPF 50+). This guarantees effective protection from the sun. It can be used both in and out of the water, for water or nautical sports. The density of the textile fibres filters out UV rays, for long-lasting protection, even after washing. Caution: deteriorates in chlorinated water.
- UPF is a sun protection factor (Ultra Violet Protection Factor) and is standardised worldwide. It defines the protection level of a fabric and more precisely the proportion of UV rays it lets through. To meet the standards, it must block at least 95% of UV rays. UPF 50+ means that the fabric blocks at least 95% of UVB and 98% of UVA rays.
- This thermal top helps limit rubbing and chafing due to contact with the surfboard or bodyboard. It can also be used under a wetsuit to limit chafing, particularly around the neck and armpits. We have added seamless panels under the arms to limit irritation due to paddling movements. Our test protocols confirmed that irritation was indeed limited during three-hour sessions.
- This Tribord UV-resistant top has a drawstring at the hips. This lets you tighten the top so that it stays firmly in place. It has also been designed so that the drawstring of your boardshorts can be attached to it to stop the top from riding up while you surf.
- The polyester textile is naturally quick drying. An additional water-repellent treatment prevents water absorption to reduce the windchill effect. It also makes drying easier. The effects of this treatment will decrease after 5 or 6 machine washes. To increase the life of the treatment, rinse with clean water instead of washing with detergent.
- Our UV tops are designed to meet the needs of the most demanding surfers. Our design choices also make them compatible with other water sports such as swimming, kitesurfing, windsurfing, wakeboarding, water skiing, sea wading or SUP (stand up paddle boarding).
- Although this T-shirt provides protection from the sun, phenomena such as reflections (from the water, sand, etc.), heat, time of day, etc., must be taken into account. Wearing this T-shirt does not exempt the wearer from adopting suitable behaviour: wear sunglasses, wear a hat or cap, regularly apply an appropriate sun cream, drink regularly, etc.
- OLAIAN, DECATHLON'S SURFING BRAND Based in Hendaye, in South West France, OLAIAN is Decathlon's surfing and bodyboarding brand. In our offices at the water's edge, we can design a UV-protection T-shirt and then on the same day test it directly in real practice conditions
Customers who bought this product also bought:
we couldn't find a match for "laptop"
We invite you to make a new search
Or find inspiration from ourt
5000 productS & 60 sports
we will be happy to help you and hear your suggestions