Waterproof coating (2000 mm). Taped seams. Long. High collar. Hood.
3 zip pockets (hand, chest): Worn over the shoulder stored in its pocket.
Decrease in the water and CO2 impact (details of the new processes on the web).
Ventilation zones at the top of the back – air flows to reduce condensation.
Hydrophilic coating (RET=12) that reduces condensation inside. Mesh lining.
Freedom of movement
Pleat at the base of the back for easily stepping over things or sitting down.
weight: 510 g in size L.
- 1 Day
- MILD WEATHER
- WINDY WEATHER
- RAINY WEATHER
- MODERATE RAIN
- This garment passed a 60L/m²/hr shower test lasting 1hr. This test replicates the average conditions of a rain shower. This jacket's fabric is water repellent: this is its capacity to make water run off its surface without absorbing it. As a result, the fabric does not soak up the water and remains lightweight and breathable. A fabric becomes water repellent by applying a treatment to its outer surface. What's more, the main seams that are most exposed to the rain are taped.
- In order to retain the item’s sustained, long-term waterproof properties, the water repellency of the fabric will need to be reactivated: we recommend that this is done every 3 washes or after wearing a dozen times in the rain. When washing, abundant rinsing is essential, then reactivating the water repellent properties can easily be done in hot water: in a tumble dryer or with a hairdryer for a relatively short period. You will find all our advice in the instructions of this product data sheet.
- We measure the resistance of a fabric to water pressure expressed in mm of water column (test based on Standard ISO 811). The higher the water pressure, the more waterproof the fabric. A component with a 2000 mm waterproof rating can therefore withstand the pressure of a 2000 mm column of water.
- To assess the breathability of the fabric, the evaporative resistance, RET (test based on the ISO 11092 standard), is measured. The lower the fabric's resistance, the more water vapour generated by physical activity can escape, and the higher the fabric's breathability. RET
- During sports, the extent to which we perspire depends on the intensity or duration of the physical activity. If the breathability of the fabric is not adapted to your type of physical activity, the perspiration vapour condenses inside the jacket. You feel damp inside: this is condensing perspiration vapour rather than rain getting inside. You therefore need to choose a rain jacket according to your type of physical activity. This jacket is designed for one-day hikes at no more than 5km/h.
- On a scale from A to E, this jacket was given a score of B. The environmental impacts of our products are calculated over their entire life cycle. A score is given to each product in order to identify the most eco-friendly products within a particular product family (T-shirts, trousers, backpacks). Decathlon is committed to displaying the environmental data of its products. For more information, go to: https://youtu.be/8t63KkRwn_8
- Our teams work to find innovative processes that reduce water consumption or water pollution during the production process. The "dope dye" (bulk dying) process saves up to 60% of water and significantly reduces the amount of CO2 emitted. This also reduces colour fading over time. On this jacket, we began this process on the main navy-coloured fabric and the turquoise-coloured lining (this will continue until we are able to master the technique on other colours).
- We take care of our planet in order to preserve our natural playing field for hiking. Given that we have only mastered the new eco-friendly dyeing process for some of the colours (main fabric in turquoise and red and the lining in navy and red), we have opted for a material made entirely of recycled polyester fibres for the other colours. As a result, we have reduced our environmental impact
- Raincut over-trousers for protecting the lower body as well, so that you can have a complete outfit that offers highly effective protection against wind and showers.And, first and foremost: we are also starting to use this more eco-friendly dyeing process on the over-trousers!
- Our hiking jackets are guaranteed for 2 years. Our commitment? To offer you long-lasting products that you can use on all your nature hikes. Because the products we like the most are those with a story behind them that is still continuing!