To advance and perfect your techniques, try out our durable, elegant uniform that has all the freedom of movement you could want! Sold without belt.
A uniform with good tensile strength thanks to the 550g/m² fabric.
Freedom of movement
Move freely upright and on the floor thanks to the loose cut at the shoulders.
Ease of use
Perfect your judo holds thanks to the easy-to-grip EVA collar back
- The thickness and weight of the fabric is expressed in grams per metre square. This is known as grammage. And for judo, there's nothing better than a uniform with durable fabric that stays in place for grapples and also when being washed! This is why we've chosen a fabric blend of 65% cotton and 35% polyester: it is more resistant to pulling and washing. And with its 550g/m² grammage, it's the perfect weight for intermediate judo!
- Judo is a combat sport that uses grappling techniques: you need to grab your opponent's uniform to throw them to the floor. So to facilitate your training, we've designed a neckline with a wider back and an EVA foam edge. This makes it easer to grab the edge of the collar. And for staying presentable and easily putting your uniform back to rights, the front of the collar is curved. Result: your jacket follows the lines of your body and naturally sits in a closed position.
- We've designed a judo uniform adapted to your sport so you can progress without constraints: the length of the sleeves, the looseness at the shoulders and the nipped-in waist allow you to move freely. And with the rice-grain and diamond patterns it follows the aesthetic codes of judo. What about the bottoms? They are more durable at the knees for floor-based combat and have a traditional cord fastening at the waist.
- Enrique, Laurent, Marie and Louis: 3 black belts between the 4 of them and the desire to create a uniform adapted to your level and style! The uniform went through many designs, prototypes and tests with the Sainghin judo club near Lille, France to achieve this. Laurent, the product engineer, says: "We wanted a comfortable judo uniform which you could look and feel good in. The 500 judo uniform is the work of Marie, our garment designer, and the careful work of Enrique, our product manager."
- "I come from the world of karate and one thing that I've always noticed about judo is the idea of strength and flexibility both at once. Judokas practise with an elegance which is wonderful to watch. I also like the idea that the dojo extends beyond the building it's in: you learn a lot of things about yourself outside of its walls. It's the precision and values that I found at Outshock and that I wanted to communicate through our judo uniforms."
- The choice of uniform size depends on how big you are! Uniform sizes are from 160 to 200cm and we recommend choosing a uniform at least 5cm longer than your height. For example, if you are 174cm, chose a 180cm uniform.
- We recommend airing your uniform after each use. Wash regularly to maintain its white colour. Our tip? Wash on a cold wash for the first few times. And for drying, we highly recommend allowing it to air dry and not to use a tumble dryer.