500 Children's Short Sleeve UV Protection Surfing Top T-Shirt - White
Kids' UV-resistant short-sleeved T-shirt for sun protection, even in the water, and to reduce irritation from skin coming into contact with the board. Fitted cut and drawstring for stability.
Tight-fitting cut and seamless panels under the arms. 2-hour sessions.
Drawstring and loop at the bottom of the top to keep it firmly in place in waves
UPF 50+ fabric. Sun protection even when wet. Blocks at least 95% of UV rays.
The textile mesh prevents grains of sand from getting stuck.
- 2 Hours
- WARM WATER
- All of our UV-resistant T-shirts are UPF 50+, i.e. they have the maximum level of sun protection. The choice between them will therefore be made based on the length of the sleeves and will depend on what it will be used for. The constraints are greatest for surfing so we decided to build our range primarily for surfing. For surfing, the choice will be made according to the duration of your sessions: 1 hour, 2 hours or 3 hours.
- 1 hour: Occasional practice. You can choose between a loose fit (priority to ease of dressing and comfort when dry) or a fitted cut (priority to comfort when wet). A loop system to connect it to the shorts ensures the stability of the product. 2 hours: Regular practice. Comfort when wet is enhanced by the seamless panels under the arms and the drawstring which further increases stability. 3 hours: Intensive practice. Additional warmth to help you stay in the water for longer.
- The fabric of this OLAIAN UV-resistant product blocks at least 98% of UVB radiation and 95% of UVA (UPF 50+). This guarantees effective protection from the sun. It can be used both in and out of the water, for water or nautical sports. UV radiation is filtered by the density of the textile fibres, for long-lasting protection, even after washing.
- UPF is a sun protection factor (Ultra Violet Protection Factor) and is standardised worldwide. It defines the protection level of a fabric and more precisely the proportion of UV rays it lets through. To meet the standards, it must block at least 95% of UV rays. UPF 50+ means that the fabric blocks at least 95% of UVB and 98% of UVA rays.
- This UV-resistant T-shirt helps limit rubbing and chafing due to contact with the surfboard or bodyboard. It can also be used under a wetsuit to limit rubbing, particularly around the neck and armpits. We have added seamless panels under the arms to limit irritation due to paddling movements. Our test protocols confirmed that irritation was indeed limited during two-hour sessions.
- This OLAIAN UV-resistant top has a drawstring at the hips. This lets you tighten the top so that it stays firmly in place. It has also been designed so that the drawstring of your boardshorts can be attached to it to stop the top from riding up while you surf.
- The minimum water temperature recommended for the use of this UV-protection T-shirt is 22°C. Air temperature may increase or decrease this recommendation. Our thermal models (over 2 hours) are made of either fleece, neoprene or both. The presence of wind can have an impact which can be uncomfortable as soon as the wind exceeds 15 km/h: In this case, choose a model with neoprene.
- Our UV tops are designed to meet the needs of the most demanding surfers. Our design choices also make them compatible with other water sports such as swimming, kitesurfing, windsurfing, wakeboarding, water skiing, sea wading or SUP (stand up paddle boarding).
- Young skin is very sensitive to the sun as children's defence systems are established after the age of 3. With identical exposure, the effects of the sun are 2 to 3 times stronger on a child than on an adult. It is therefore very important to protect them effectively.
- Although this T-shirt provides protection from the sun, phenomena such as reflections (from the water, sand, etc.), heat, time of day, etc., must be taken into account. Wearing this T-shirt does not exempt the wearer from adopting suitable behaviour: wear sunglasses, wear a hat or cap, regularly apply an appropriate sun cream, drink regularly, etc.
- Tribord surfing products have now become OLAIAN products, the new Decathlon brand dedicated to surfing, bodyboarding and skimboarding. Gradually, the branding of all our surfing products will be replaced. This is why your product may have a different logo to the one in the picture illustrating the product.